Sans Fight Animation Sans Fight Animation

The joke of the UT characters literally being fonts was funny enough that I'd have loved the video just for that. But no, you went and somehow made fonts fighting absolutely epic. This is animated very well and I still can't believe you made such convincing action and drama with friggen letters of all things! R.I.P. all the fonts... except Cooper.
The conflict is amusing and also a bit ironic that /Arial/ is complaining about people overusing a font. Not very self aware, is it? :3 This animation is fantastic, excellent job!

Everyone Had This Kid in Their Class Everyone Had This Kid in Their Class

That collective "Ooohhh" at the end killed me. This is too relatable xD

A Good Deal: No Evil 022 A Good Deal: No Evil 022

Man does this raise some questions about how spirits are generally raised, or at least what the situation of the younger main characters is. Especially since the winter episodes I recall where Calamity is a kid, she's with the other spirits... not amongst humans. How does their age work for that matter, Corn seems only a bit younger than Kitty when they're both kids, and then Kitty seems /way/ older than him dressing him in a poppy coat. What happened? How do spirits even come to exist anyway?
QUESTIONS
And also a Tialoc statue, cool!

In any case, the Jackalope round up was pretty cute. But, jackalopes are cute on their own, so of course it was!
"Have you tried something you're good at? I find you don't have to do as much pretending that way!". Savage, Paula, my goodness xD

Nothing To Hide Nothing To Hide

Hm… I completed this game the other day with no problems. Now though level 1, 4, 6 and 8 no longer load. A shame because this demo is amazing! The music and art is great, and damn that cliffhanger. Oh, and the gameplay is of course enjoyable too. The puzzles were challenging with unique mechanics. I also love the message this has, just, love it.
I support this project and hope the final game is a success! I'd donate if I was able to… :\

Anyway, please fix the demo. As I said, it worked the other day but now barely half of it is playable. As soon as this is fixed I'll be encouraging everyone I know to try it out ^^ I already gave this five stars when I played it last time, but in this review I'll rate it 3 because of all the dysfunctional levels.

Nutcasenightmare responds:

Those are the levels that the Newgrounds medals are called. Hm. Something horrible probably went wrong with the medal API. I'll fix it soon.

EDIT: Fixed now. The CORS proxy server for the Newgrounds API was down. TOM IF YOU'RE READING THIS, FIX YO' CORS HEADERS

Santa Claus at the doctor Santa Claus at the doctor

Nice art but wow. This is very boring and very easy :/

Hotline Trail Hotline Trail

Argh, those roundabouts are a pain!
Very fun game with a cool atmosphere ^^

Mind Less Mind Less

I found myself bobbing my head to this, it's a nice beat! I felt it got kind of monotonous nearing the end though, but I still like it ^^

"CHS" - Mercy for the Weak "CHS" - Mercy for the Weak

After listening to this a gajillion times and thinking about the title, I've imagined this song to be how someone feels protecting someone else. Like, taking the blame for them, making up for their slack by doing extra work, just being merciful by taking on burdens for them because they're weaker than you. But it's exhausting and painful to constantly lend your strength to someone else, and it takes its toll, even if you're strong. This song is how that feels.
I know my imagined situation doesn't help you at all in the technical aspect of making songs, sorry >.< But I really like how it sounds, especially that electric guitar (I think that's what it is). And the "heavy" sounds like the drums and guitar, mix great with the lighter piano. The piano makes the overall tone feel less harsh, being the one of the few "light" sounds.

...I really know nothing about music >.< So in short, I think this is a great song!

chaosphoenix88 responds:

Hey no need to apologize. Actual I really appreciate that kind of feedback. Trying to paint a situation using music is really an art to me and if I can get someone to think about something through notes in a song I think that is an accomplishment. I always see pictures when I listen to music. Thats probably why I choose to create music in the genre that I do. I like lyrics, but its the mental pictures that actually attract me to the music I listen to and create. So I understand completely what you're saying and thank you for taking the time to express that.

A Hero's Pain (A Past Dream) A Hero's Pain (A Past Dream)

This is definitely better than the original one you made. In the original, sometimes the pitch got too high, and the strings seemed a bit sudden. Now the strings coming in seem much smoother and the entire song is much more pleasant. I /love/ that music box sound ^^
This song fits well with the title and theme you had in mind, I think. The only small nitpick is that it doesn't loop too well, it has a very clear fade out ending.

First Full Manga Digital First Full Manga Digital

Not bad for your first try! I can tell you are paying attention to proportions, but some parts are still off. Her thighs are /way/ too long for one. For another, if you're going by manga proportions, usually the characters have large heads, and hers is a bit small. But everything else checks out, elbows, hands, and breasts all in the generally correct places! Though if you shortened her thighs, you might have to make the arms shorter as well to match up.
Proportions aside, that's a pretty unnatural standing position, with the arms and legs slightly apart. But I understand if you want to focus on getting technicalities down, like proportions and such, before worrying about the nuance of posing. The line quality is a bit lacking as well. It's not too bad, but it's a bit wobbly at some places. Your ability to correct this really depends on the program you use, but most art programs have vectors or line stabilizing options you can use to make smooth lines

And for something positive, I like that you drew hands, they're not bad! Most beginners hide their character's hands because they're afraid they'll look bad, but you can't learn that way. Good on you for taking on the challenge of drawing them! Also, the colours work with each other for the most part. I like the colours around the waist and above, but I think the pants are so dark, they're a little hard to distinguish from the black boots. But that's a minor gripe really. Keep up the good work, this is a great start, I think!

SoullessTommy responds:

Thank you for the feedback. I am using Photoshop for the drawing, and am new to that as well. There is a lot to learn, but I want to learn it all.

She looks at the sky She looks at the sky

I like the colours and pose! However, the way her legs connect to her body doesn't... seem right. It's /really/ wide. For her shins and feet to go out like that, her thighs would have to be pressed against each other and wouldn't take up so much space.
I also like the grass, but its soft fuzziness doesn't really match the character's crisp outlined appearance. But the background viewed on its own is very pretty and soft. And again, I like the character too, her design is simple but appealing ^^ Her hair is unusual, without coming off as ridiculous

Swood Dude Swood Dude

It looks a little uncanny to me. Like, the style doesn't seem to match up. There's solid lines for parts of his face, but also much more realistic detailed shading on his shirt and hair, and even the detail of individual hair strands.
I still like this overall though, and I can tell who it is! The detailed parts are /really/ good, love that shirt and hair!

Cortat responds:

Many thanks! and yeah, I'm learning how to fine-tune those features to be less jarring(faces have never been my strength), but I'm glad his face is distinguishable.