All 32 art Reviews

First Full Manga Digital First Full Manga Digital

Not bad for your first try! I can tell you are paying attention to proportions, but some parts are still off. Her thighs are /way/ too long for one. For another, if you're going by manga proportions, usually the characters have large heads, and hers is a bit small. But everything else checks out, elbows, hands, and breasts all in the generally correct places! Though if you shortened her thighs, you might have to make the arms shorter as well to match up.
Proportions aside, that's a pretty unnatural standing position, with the arms and legs slightly apart. But I understand if you want to focus on getting technicalities down, like proportions and such, before worrying about the nuance of posing. The line quality is a bit lacking as well. It's not too bad, but it's a bit wobbly at some places. Your ability to correct this really depends on the program you use, but most art programs have vectors or line stabilizing options you can use to make smooth lines

And for something positive, I like that you drew hands, they're not bad! Most beginners hide their character's hands because they're afraid they'll look bad, but you can't learn that way. Good on you for taking on the challenge of drawing them! Also, the colours work with each other for the most part. I like the colours around the waist and above, but I think the pants are so dark, they're a little hard to distinguish from the black boots. But that's a minor gripe really. Keep up the good work, this is a great start, I think!

SoullessTommy responds:

Thank you for the feedback. I am using Photoshop for the drawing, and am new to that as well. There is a lot to learn, but I want to learn it all.

She looks at the sky She looks at the sky

I like the colours and pose! However, the way her legs connect to her body doesn't... seem right. It's /really/ wide. For her shins and feet to go out like that, her thighs would have to be pressed against each other and wouldn't take up so much space.
I also like the grass, but its soft fuzziness doesn't really match the character's crisp outlined appearance. But the background viewed on its own is very pretty and soft. And again, I like the character too, her design is simple but appealing ^^ Her hair is unusual, without coming off as ridiculous

Swood Dude Swood Dude

It looks a little uncanny to me. Like, the style doesn't seem to match up. There's solid lines for parts of his face, but also much more realistic detailed shading on his shirt and hair, and even the detail of individual hair strands.
I still like this overall though, and I can tell who it is! The detailed parts are /really/ good, love that shirt and hair!

Cortat responds:

Many thanks! and yeah, I'm learning how to fine-tune those features to be less jarring(faces have never been my strength), but I'm glad his face is distinguishable.

Buizel Aqua Jet - Colour Practice Buizel Aqua Jet - Colour Practice

Wow, this is so clean and the colours are fantastic! It's cliched to say, but it really does look like it could pop off the page.
My only gripe is not with the drawing, but how much of the table and sketchbook is showing. I know the background being black and white helps the colour stand out more, but I think there's still too much of it showing. But, that's no reason to bring down the rating over my personal nitpick when the art itself is fantastic!

Ferrohound responds:

That's a fair point, there's a lot of useless space on the right I'm now realizing. I don't typically post things like this, so it slipped my mind.
Really glad you like it though, thank you for the kind words!

Chroma Black Demo - Storyboard 1 Chroma Black Demo - Storyboard 1

Weird plants, giant owls, glowing eyes and a spy. Idk what's going on but man does it look pretty awesome so far!
Really nice perspective too ^^

ArtistGamerGal responds:

Thank you very much! I will posting the animatic for the this storyboard later today! :D

Ayano-chan Ayano-chan

Ah, Yan-Chan! Nice job, I like her friendly expression while she holds a weapon, makes me wonder what she plans to do. I don't typically like pixel-art that much but this looks pretty good!

cituch10 responds:

Thank you. She may be happy because she's going to eliminate her first rival ^.^ . And also I wanted to thank you because you're the first one who commented and rated it. Have a nice day.

took me a day took me a day

This is pretty neat to see it as just colour blocks, thank you!

Welcome to the darkness Welcome to the darkness

Ooh, I like this! The lighting and shading is very mysterious, I like the slight glow she has. The dress folds are great and her pose and expression are intriguing ^^

SalStellar responds:

Thanks !
That's mean a lot for me :)

Hobbies are dangerous Hobbies are dangerous

It's a bit weird how Joe looks much more finished (fully shaded and such) than everything else in this... but five stars anyway because this made me actually lol xD

Robbie Rotten Robbie Rotten

AND SNEAK AROUND
It's pretty simple but I like the exaggerated style and pose, and the perspective on his left hand (weird thing to note, ik, but I like it x3). Truly, art worthy of the number one villain!